Focused Review Tests can be found in the Orange Box in the upper right hand corner of your student home page and are available 24/7. These are standard topical practice tests that can be taken at home for remediation, review, or prep for classroom quizzes. The Focused Reviews are made up of multiple choice questions with alternate question types interspersed throughout.
How should I best use this resource? Focused Review Tests are a great way to help you review or learn content in weak areas that may be a weakness for you. They are a good review tool and can be used before taking an Integrated Test. Consult with your school’s faculty for instructions for use.
What Focused Review Test should I take to prep for my upcoming Integrated Test?
It depends on what test you are taking. Most of the Integrated Tests have an associated Focused Review test. The exceptions are Nutrition and any exam that has been customized for your school. If you are unable to find a Focused Review Test that matches up to an Integrated Test, then please see below for instructions to create your own customized FR test. You may also consult your faculty for assistance.
How many times can I take a Focused Review Test?Focused Review Tests can be taken multiple times. Unlike the Integrated Exams, they can also be paused and resumed multiple times.
Each time you re-take a Focused Review Test it will have the exact same questions. Be sure to review your results and remediate all questions on the test to improve your knowledge in that area.
How to create a Custom Focused Review Test?Click the “Search for Questions by Topic” link in the orange box to create a custom Focused Review test. Kaplan recommends taking the test in timed test mode to help prepare you for the NCLEX exam.
- Hold down the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard to select multiple categories. The topics will be listed in the box on the right. Hold down the “Ctrl” key to select multiple topics.
- Input the number of questions you would like in your quiz and then click on the button to create your customized quiz!
How to create a Custom Remediation?
- Click the “Search for Remediations by Topic” link in the orange box.
- Hold down the “Ctrl” key on your keyboard to select multiple categories. The topics will be listed in the box on the right. Hold down the “Ctrl” key to select multiple topics for remediation.
- Input the number of items you would like to see and then click on the create button. You can come back and review this list at any time by clicking “Review Remediations” in the box to the left.