The ScoreSelect option allows GRE test-takers to decide which scores to send to schools, so that they can send the scores they feel reflect their best performance.
On Test Day
They can decide which scores to send on Test Day or later.
They can only send the scores from the same day (they can’t pick the Quant score from 1 test and the Verbal score from a different test to combine them.
The schools you designate will only see the scores that you selected to send them. There will be no special indication if you have taken additional GRE tests.
It is available on both the computer-based GRE General Test and GRE Subject Tests, and can be used by anyone with reportable scores from the last five years.
On Test Day, test-takers can choose either:
- ScoreSelect Most Recent option — Send the scores from the current test administration (FREE)
(You can individually choose one of the above options for each of your four score reports.)
- ScoreSelect All option — Send the scores from all administrations in the last five years (FREE)
After Test Day
After test day, test-takers can send additional score reports for a fee, and choose:
- ScoreSelect Most Recent option — Send the scores from the most recent test administration
- ScoreSelect All option — Send the scores from all administrations in the last five years.
- ScoreSelect Any option — Send their scores from one OR many test administrations in the last five years
Whether sending scores on or after Test Day, you CANNOT report on individual sections from different tests (e.g. Quantitative from one test and Verbal from another). Scores for a test administration must be reported in their entirety.
Read the ETS information here.