Kaplan's Starting Line program helps qualified students save significantly on tuition for our test prep courses. Our program helps talented, financially disadvantaged students step up to the same starting line as everyone else, where they can prove their abilities and advance their career ambitions. Financial need shouldn't stand in the way of outstanding students achieving test scores that open the doors to the best schools in the country. At Kaplan, it doesn't.
Though we do attempt to offer this privilege to as many people as possible, all approved discounts will be based on available funds and Kaplan reserves the right to deny tuition assistance for any reason. Students must meet certain academic and financial need requirements to qualify.
Each section below indicates answers to the following:
ONLY comprehensive In Person, Live Online, and Self Paced courses for GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, DAT, OAT, and PCAT are eligible. The Starting Line program does NOT include Summer Intensive programs, private tutoring, or Plus programs.Ineligible Programs
The following programs are NOT ELIGIBLE for the Starting Line program:
Other notes on eligibility
- USMLE and Medical licensure courses
- NCLEX and Nursing licensure courses
- PreCollege courses and Premier tutoring
- Grad private tutoring
- GMAT Plus
- GRE Plus
- MCAT Plus
- PMBR and Bar Review courses
- Supplemental courses (e.g. Edge programs, QBanks, Math/Verbal Advantage, etc.)
- On-Demand courses priced at less than $499
- Summer Intensive courses (Students cannot switch from a tuition assistance eligible course to a Summer Intensive program for a discounted rate)
- Courses being covered by an F-1 visa
Kaplan-AACP PCAT Scholarships now available via The Starting LineKaplan's Official PCAT Prep is now more accessible than ever before. Pre-pharmacy students may qualify for full-tuition scholarships through the Kaplan-AACP Foundations of the Future Pharmacist Program. This is exclusive to Kaplan!
Kaplan is exclusively endorsed by the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) as the Official Provider of PCAT Prep, and both believe that all students should have access to the best PCAT prep available. That's why each year Kaplan offers 250 full-tuition PCAT course scholarships for qualified students with documented financial need (min. GPA 2.75, EFC < 4000). Scholarships can be used for any Kaplan PCAT Prep option--Live Online, In Person, or Self-Paced--and are valid through the end of the calendar year in which they are awarded.
Pre-pharm students (min. GPA 2.75, EFC < 4000) should apply through The Starting Line (http://www.kaplanpartnerships.com/thestartinglineapply), Kaplan's tuition assistance program.
Students who do not receive a full-tuition scholarship because they have run out may be eligible for 25-60% tuition assistance as seen on The Starting Line website (min. GPA 3.0, EFC < 4000). Students looking to prepare for other exams (e.g. MCAT, GRE, DAT, OAT) can also apply for 25-60% tuition assistance through this Kaplan program.Application Process
- Student must be currently enrolled in a college or university in the United States
- Student must have at least a 3.0 GPA (documented in an official college transcript)
- Student must submit FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) to demonstrate financial need
- Students must submit financial aid award letters for the current school year
- The Starting Line may cover up to 60% of the cost of tuition. Funding varies based on academic performance and financial need.
- The Starting Line discount is not stackable with any other discounts or promotional offers
- Students may not switch from a program covered by Starting Line into a program that is ineligible for Starting Line (private tutoring, Summer Intensives, AdvantagePlus programs) for a discounted rate
- Students holding an F-1 visa are not eligible
- Starting Line discounts must be used within 6 months of being issued
- Students enrolled in a Kaplan course that has already begun are not eligible to apply for the Starting Line
- Students who have already completed their course may not apply for the Starting Line retroactively
1. CAREFULLY review the Eligibility section above.2. Complete the Starting Line Application at least one week before the course start date.3. Once all documentation is received, your application will be reviewed within 5 business days.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed until all required documents are received. You will NOT be considered for a Starting Line discount for a class that starts in less than one week.Questions?
If you have reviewed all the information above and still have questions, email email@example.com. Include your question, a preferred phone number, and times you are available to be contacted (between 7:30 AM and 3:30 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday). Kaplan's Starting Line team will either provide a response via email or schedule a call back within five business days.