At Kaplan, we understand circumstances arise that could impact your ability to complete your program, and we want to make sure you are able to continue studying when you are ready. We offer you the option to "freeze" your enrollment, and begin again when you are ready, according to the terms below.
To inquire about a freeze, Contact Us to discuss whether you are eligible to exercise the option to freeze your enrollment. This option is not available to all programs, and you must meet Kaplan’s national freeze policy requirements (as listed below).
After speaking with a Kaplan Student Concierge and confirming your eligibility, you may complete and submit the freeze form. (The Kaplan Student Concierge will give you instructions for returning the form.)
- Freezes are NOT available to students enrolled in online courses (neither Live Online nor online-only)
- If you are enrolled in an Integrated Nursing (NIT) program through your school, you should speak directly to your Nursing Administrator at your school about freezing the NCLEX component of your Kaplan program.
- Freezes are available for students who have already begun using their Kaplan NCLEX resources. If you have not yet begun using your Kaplan resources and need to change your study schedule, chat with us through your online account, email us at email@example.com, or Contact Us to discuss your options.
- If you have a balance due (even if you have future installment billing dates set up), you are ineligible for a freeze. You must be completely paid in full in order to be eligible.
- If you have previously frozen the same course, you are ineligible for a freeze.
- You must have at least one month (30 days) remaining on your enrollment.
- If you fail to inform Kaplan of your intent to freeze before taking a break from your studies, a retro-active freeze will NOT be available.
- If you fail to submit the Kaplan freeze form in a timely manner, you will forfeit any course time that has elapsed since you stopped attending/using the Kaplan resources. (An exception would be considered if the absence was related to a medical or family emergency, and documentation is provided.)
- Freezing a course may result in the loss of previous work or functionality for any online component that accompanies the course. If this happens, Kaplan will not be able to restore any previous work or functionality.
- You may freeze the program for up to five (5) months, at which point the enrollment will be automatically terminated.
- When you unfreeze, you will return to the same kind of program you froze. For example, if you froze an NCLEX-RN In Person class, you will return to the same type of NCLEX-RN In Person class.
- You will no longer be eligible for any promotions and/or refunds applicable to this program.